How Do I Prepare My Tea?
To enjoy your tea, always use good quality tea, as the perfect taste experience is part of the memory. These are general guidelines, so feel free to experiment.
The quality of water affects the taste of tea, so always use freshly boiled water. Repeatedly boiled water contain less oxygen and will make your tea taste flat.
Measuring guideline, but do feel free to experiment:
- For an 8oz cup of tea, use one level teaspoon for fine teas or 1 tea bag per cup.
- For fuller, fluffier loose teas, use one rounded, heaping tablespoon.
- For a stronger cup of tea, you may use more tea leaves, but it is advised that you stick within the recommended brewing times to avoid bitterness from over-brewing
- Allow the tea to brew for the recommended time before pouring.
- Milk – whether first or last in, it’s your choice and preference.