23 Sep Caribbean Rum Tea Cocktail
As the name suggests, this Tea Cocktail owes its ‘birth-right’ to many different types of Caribbean rum. From the 10 best distilleries in the Caribbean, you can choose a rum that hails from Jamaica, Guyana, Grenada, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, Tortola, Bonaire, Saint Croix, Barbados, or Bahamas
Mixed with Caribbean Island Chai, it’s a taste to savour. Caribbean Chai is a sylvan bond of black tea leaves, and warm spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, orange peel, vanilla, ginger, cloves and cardamon. Mixed with any of the rums of the Caribbean, this cocktail tea is bound to lift your spirits, especially on a cold winter’s day – drink hot or cold.
60ml (2fl. Oz) of Caribbean rum of your choice
1 x bag of Caribbean Chai Tea
1 tablespoon of honey or sweetener of your choice (optional)
2 x marachino cherries
How To Make:
- Boil 250ml (1 cup) of water at 100o C and pour into a cup. Add the bag of Caribbean Chai Tea and brew for 3 minutes.
- Cool the tea to your choice of temperature, and put into a transparent glass cup.
- If preferred cold or chilled, put in the refrigerator.
- Then if you want, add your choice of sweetener (Don’t add honey to hot liquid, it changes the enzymes, reduces its benefits, and becomes toxic).
- To drink cold or chilled, add ice cubes/crushed ice.
- Stir in the rum, add the cherries to decorate and drink.
- This drink is a taste of heaven in Winter. Enjoy!
How was it for you? Send us your comments.