23 Sep Our Summer Special Tea Mocktail
Think of the words Summer and fruit, what comes to mind? Yes, berries, cherries, fruit, flowers, and all kinds of colours. So before Summer says goodbye, let’s make the most of what this lovely season brings. Now, think about a Summery cup of tea, with a medley of harvested berries, resulting in a fruity floral undertone; this is what this mocktail is all about.
Naturally, for this cuppa, our Berries Carnivale Tea, with its medley of elderberries, blackberries, raspberry, mulberry, strawberry, red currants, and apple pieces, result in a tea that is bursting with summer flavours and fruity tanginess, then a subtle grassy aftertaste from the green tea, that makes this tea, a taste of summer to remember.
1x Berries Carnivale Tea prism bag
1x teaspoonful of honey or sweetener of your choice
1x maraschino cherry
1x teaspoon of syrup from maraschino cherry tin and grenadine syrup
1x sprig of mint leaves for garnishing
2 fl oz strawberry puree (60ml)
How to Make:
- Steep the Berries Carnival Tea bag in 150 ml water at 80℃, for 2-3 minutes and let it cool, before you remove the tea bag.
- Mix the strawberry puree with your sweetener choice, this mixture must be cool.
- Place the maraschino cherry at the bottom of a glass or transparent cup.
- Next add the maraschino cherry syrup and grenadine syrup, up to cover half of the cherry.
- Then, using the back of a spoon, gently pour in the strawberry puree and sweetener mixture. Fill the glass only halfway.
- Then, also using the back of a spoon, slowly pour your Berries Carnival Tea over the mixture, to fill the glass; (it should be floating above the mixture.
- Finally, garnish with a sprig of mint leaves and cherries.
- Drink, as you Let the sunshine in, till next summer, OR as often as you want to. Enjoy!
How was it for you? Send us your comments.